The Geneva Welcome Centre (CAGI) was founded in 1996 by the Swiss Confederation and the Canton of Geneva, with the support of national and local entities, both public and private. Its objective is to facilitate the installation and integration in the Geneva region of international civil servants, members of permanent missions, consulates and NGOs as well as their families. It also organises and supports cultural and social events which promote exchanges between the Internationals and the local community.
Why La Pastorale: to strenghthen the links between Geneva and the international community.
To bring together five complementary institutions, to unite and develop their synergies.
- To offer a response adapted to the particular needs of the international sector.
- To strenghthen capacity during international conferences.
- To facilitate the work of the international organisations in Geneva.
- To support the development of the International Geneva, the largest employer of the canton.
- To insure that the welcome infrastructures are comparable to that of other international cities.